Terms of Reward
TERMS OF ‘REPORT AN EMPTY, GET MY £20’ REWARD SCHEME
References in these terms to “you” and “your” are to you, the person using our ‘report an empty’ process, and “we”, “us”, “our” are to You Spot Property.com Limited trading as You Spot Property.
How to participate
You must be 18 years of age or older in order to participate, and you must reside in the UK.
If you are aware of an empty or derelict property (Property), you may notify us of the property using our 'report an empty get my £20' process on our website www.youspotproperty.com. You must follow all of the prompts and fill out all of the information required, including your contact details.
You will need to know:
- The address of the property;
- That it is a residential property;
You may report as many properties as you like.
You promise that the information you provide to us, on every occasion, whilst using our ‘report an empty get my £20’ process is correct to the best of your knowledge.
You agree that we may share details of the property with our business partners or other third parties.
Gift Voucher Rewards
If the property meets our eligibility criteria, and you complete our ‘report an empty get my £20’ process, your name will be added to those qualifying participants who could receive a £20 gift voucher issued by Marks & Spencer plc (or another third party of our choice).
We will notify you by email to the email address provided by you if you have been selected to receive one of our gift vouchers within 30 days of the end of the calendar month in which you participated in the ‘report an empty get my £20’ scheme, except in exceptional circumstances this may be delayed by up to 60 days.
The voucher will be emailed or posted to the email/postal address supplied by you. Any voucher supplied to you cannot be refunded or exchanged for its cash value, and may be subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer.
Please note that the voucher is issued by a third party. We are not the seller of the product or services redeemable by the voucher. When you redeem your voucher, you enter into a contract with the seller, not with us. It is that seller who is solely responsible for redeeming any voucher, and providing you with the corresponding products or services. We will not be liable to you for any losses incurred by you in relation to your use of the voucher.
You must not reproduce, sell, re-sell or trade any voucher which we provide to you, or engage in any unlawful activity in connection with the use of a voucher. Any attempt to do so may, at our discretion, lead to your disqualification from the later stages of the ‘report an empty’ reward scheme (i.e. the 1% cash reward).
We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged vouchers, or for your failure to redeem the voucher in advance of the expiry date.
If you are unable to redeem your voucher for any reason, we may, at our sole discretion, replace the voucher or provide you with a cash alternative.
This gift voucher reward scheme is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
A property is eligible only if, on the date you completed the notification process:
- The property is not currently on the open market for sale or rental and has not previously been advertised for sale or to let during the previous six month period (including advertised for sale or to let by auction or listed with estate agents or using online property search engines);
- The property has been empty for more than 12 months (unless it has recently fallen into probate).
- If the property is occupied, then the property must appear to be derelict
- The property is in London or within the M25 and now expanded to include all of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Essex, Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire
- The property is residential (not commercial - this includes public houses & hotels);
- The property has not been purchased within the last 5 years;
- Details of the property have not previously been submitted to us;
- The property is not owned by us or our associates or associated companies;
- The property does not form part of our existing database;
- Planning permission has not been applied for within the last 3 years;
- The property does not form part of a high-rise council or ex-council block and
- The property is privately owned;
1% cash reward
If you notify us of a property using our ‘report an empty get my £20’ process, you may be eligible for a cash reward.
You will be eligible if:
- You notify us of a property and, as a result, we purchase that property;
- You have no financial interest in the property;
- You have not been disqualified from the reward scheme
- The property complies with the eligibility criteria set out above; and
- You are not in breach of any of these terms.
The cash reward will be equal to 1% of the actual purchase price following completion of the purchase.
‘Actual purchase price’ means the price paid by us for the Property exclusive of all fees, stamp duty, fixtures and fittings etc.
The 1% cash reward is subject to a cap of £10,000.
We will also make a donation to a local charity (within the local borough of the purchased property) of our choice of not less than £500.
We will inform you of the purchase of the property, and the value of your cash reward, by email to the address provided to us within 30 days of the purchase completion. You may claim your cash reward by completing the bank detail request form included in our email to you and returning it to us within 30 days of our email notification. We will then transfer your cash reward to the account details provided within 30 days of you claiming your cash reward.
It is your responsibility to ensure that we have the correct, up to date, contact details for you.
If you fail to claim your cash reward within the 30 days of our email notification, we may determine that you are no longer eligible for the cash reward.
We reserve the right not to purchase any property for any or no reason. Where we decide not to purchase a property, we are under no obligation to inform you of our reasons for this decision. We are under no obligation to keep you informed of, or up to date regarding, any negotiations we enter for the purchase of any property, or any details of the purchase until after its completion.
Our liability to you
Our only obligation towards you is to provide you with the 1% cash reward if you are eligible to receive it.
You agree not to disclose details of the purchase price of the property, or any information relating to our business affairs, with any person, company or other organisation without our written permission to do so.
Your personal information
You agree to us sharing your personal information with our sponsors/partners, including the voucher provider, for the purpose of issuing you with the gift voucher and providing you with the cash reward. For more information on how we collect and use your personal data, please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
You agree that we may use non-identifying details of your cash reward for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes. With your permission, we may also use specific personal details, photographs and other identifying information for such purpose