YOU SPOT PROPERTY.COM LTD T/A YOU SPOT PROPERTY
Version One 01.08.2013
You Spot Property.com Limited trading as You Spot Property (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08620615 and our registered address is at Turnberry House, 1404-1410 High Road, London N20 9BH. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the “data controller” and we have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office that we process personal data (under registration number Z3613489).
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect, process and store the following data about you:
- information that you or other people provide by email, correspondence or by filling in forms on our Website, including subscribing to our mailing list and using our ‘report an empty get my £20’ process;
- payment information, such as credit card or bank account information given to us;
- details of your visits to our Website, including the website that you visited us from and the website that you proceed to from our Website and your IP address; and/or
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence e.g. we will keep a record of when you report a problem with our Website or services.
We try to keep your information secure and up to date, and we have a policy of deleting your information if it is no longer needed.
3. How do we use and share your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to fulfill all our agreements with you;
- to administer our Website services;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Website Terms and Conditions;
- to provide you with marketing information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we may disclose and/or transfer your personal data to the buyer or seller. We may share your personal information with carefully selected third parties, including business partners and service providers in order to fulfil our agreements with you. Your personal information may be passed on to third parties to process a payment transaction or process a business transaction.
We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card or bank account information or personal information to any third party without your permission. Information provided to us is subject to confidentiality and will not be disclosed without your prior consent to any third party, other than to any employee or member of the company, or to comply with any applicable laws or lawful government and/or regulatory requests.
3. Your rights
You have the right to opt out of marketing contact at any time, please let us know by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by using our Website contact form. If you would like us to change the method of communication you may contact us at the same address.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
4. How we protect your information
The information you provide to us will be stored and processed on servers based within the United Kingdom but we reserve the right to store the data on carefully selected portable devices, in paper files, and to transfer data abroad.
Our Website uses "cookies", which are small, text files that are stored on your computer that can be retrieved to assist in customising your experience with the online service. The information saved supports the functionality of the Website, for example by keeping the goods you order in your shopping basket. It is necessary to accept cookies in order to use these services.
During some processes, data is temporarily stored as you move from step to step. This is only done in order to improve your experience of the Website, and is only stored for as long as is necessary for you to complete the process. All other cookies will expire after 3 months.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use our ‘report an empty, get my £20’ process.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region)
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies. However, this may result in limited functionality and you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be e-mailed to us at email@example.com or write to us at Sumatra House, 215 West End Lane, London NW6 1XJ.